|Purge the King|
Space Channel 5 Part 2
Purge the King, or King Purge, is a deadly mecha that Ulala, Space Michael, and the rescued people of the studio must combat together in Space Channel 5 Part 2. It’s a result of the Purge Hovercraft combining with the Peace Carrier.
The sing-off with this robot is so intense, it literally shakes the Core of Space Channel 5. Space Michael sings back in rhythm to the robot when it says “dance” while Ulala and, eventually, the crowd take care of the Chus and Heys.
Every time Purge laughs and the mecha leaps forward, a layer of music is taken away and pieces of the ceiling come crumbling down. The music swings back full force during the last stretch of dance moves. It’s a sign that Ulala’s dance energy is shining through when she doesn’t even say actual words anymore and instead make sounds like ‘hut’ and ‘hup’.
Just as Fuse and the crowd open fire on King Purge like they did with Blank, they get quite the surprise. The robot holds onto the orb of dance energy and pushes it it right back towards Ulala. Fuse dives the Astrobeat in front of the reporter, taking the hit instead. The ship goes crashing deeper into the Core and Purge laughs, teleporting out of the Core that is ready to collapse in on itself.
“A singing robot. The ultimate galactic master of song & dance. Created by an interlocking of the Purge Hovercraft and the Peace Carrier (powered by Peace’s song energy.)”
In-game Profile (Japanese Version)Edit
"Formed from the combination of the Purge Rider and the Peace Container with Peace’s Energy, it is a song invasion mecha that uses song and dance to attack, causing singing and dancing. It’s got speaker hands, that seem like they are pulsing with the beat, and can you stand a chance against it’s body that is infused with song energy?"
- The music heard during the battle against King Purge is a remix of the final Report theme Space Channel 5: Getting the Truth from the first game.
- Because he somehow manages to reflect the deadly dance energy orb right back towards Ulala and her posses, King Purge is actually the only Purge Robot which wasn't destroyed, making him Purge's most powerful and resistant Robot.
- King Purge is reminiscent of a gorilla, because of his poses, actions and physical appearance.
- When Purge holds Chu during this battle, he gains a slight aura similar to Ulala's Cosmic Aura. However, his aura is blue, with electricity surrounding it.
- If you look very closely at the end of the game, when everyone marches to the end of the galaxy, Purge the King can be seen at the back, marching along with the other bosses from reports 1, and 2.